Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 16 January 2014

I Can't Even...

I started dying my hair when I was 18, and went through various styles of dyeing (low lights, streaks, ombré, etc.) and colours (auburn, red, blond). My hair colour is naturally a terrible, mousey, boring brown and that is why I started dying my locks in the first place. About 6 months ago I decided that I did not want to continue damaging my hair and made a vow to myself to let my hair grow out. I knew this would be a terrible process because the dyed parts of my hair were more auburn than brown, and I couldn't get the auburn out regardless of how many times I dyed over it with brown, so I knew my roots were going to be a starkly different colour than the rest. Anywho, I began the long process to reverting back to my natural mousey self. It was 6 months of awkward roots (which don't look so bad until you see yourself in natural or flourescent lights!), and finally I said "I can't even!". I couldn't handle it anymore, and I finally broke. I had about 2 to 3 inches of growth and was so proud of myself, but I started to miss the vibrant and rich colour that dye gives you. So I went out, bought a box of mahogany brown hair dye, and got to work. I hope I'm not the only one who has failed miserably to let my hair grow out. Though my hair does looks fabulous ;)                        -Sondra.D <3 font="" nbsp="">

No comments:

Post a Comment