Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 2 November 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons...

Make some tea with them to soothe your swollen throat. I had a lovely time (not really) waiting in the Emergency Department while my body ached and my head pounded this past Friday. With chills, sweats, fever, fatigue, extreme body pain and a swollen/ sore throat,  I finally decided I needed to seek medical attention. This may seem like an exaggeration to run the Emergency Dept, but I can honestly admit, I had never been in such debilitating pain in my life. I couldn't lay, couldn't sit, and couldn't stand without feeling like my back was going to snap or my head explode. Being a medical professional myself, I tried to run through what might be going on with my body, but couldn't think of anything except the flu or some other infection. So I waited the three hours in the Emergency Dept, to be poked and probed, pee in a little cup (which is impossible to do without getting pee on your hands) and have a swab jammed down my throat (gag), and TA DA!, I have Strep throat. I think the worst part of the whole situation was not knowing why I was in so much pain, my body hurt so much that I did not bother to inspect my throat, which would have been a dead giveaway to my infection. I suppose the infection was causing these awful aches and pains, I just had no idea that an infection like this could take such a toll on my body. Long story short, I have some narcotics for the pain, and some antibiotics that should kick in soon, lost three work days of pay, and spent three hours probably catching ten other illnesses in the Emergency Dept. -Contagious and Sore Sondra.D<3>

4 comments:

  1. I had strep throat earlier this year and it was HORRIBLE, so I definitely feel your pain! I thought I was dying and tried to tough it out for a few days before going to the doc thinking it was a virus and would go away. The worst! Feel Better soon!

    Your newest follower from my Bright Side Beauty Blog Hop,
    Kristin
    meetmeonthebrightside.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I had been suffering from flu and it was THE WORST ! Hope you feel better :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww I hope you feel better, hun!

    Thanks so much for linking up Lovely Thursdays, though!
    - Rekita @ Her & Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely, get well soon! *Virtual hug*

    ReplyDelete