Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday 6 March 2014

Shoppers Anonymous!

Ever since I was a little girl I've sort of had a shopping addiction. My parents used to say to me "you can never leave the store without something in your hand!" and that was very true! But I obviously learned that from somewhere, you aren't just born a compulsive shopper!! I still have this problem at the age of 20 where I go into a store and see so many things that I believe I need. But instead of buying it, now I carry around the item the whole time I'm in the store and then right at the last second decide 'Nope! I don't need this'. The crazy thing is that I don't even need to be buying things for myself.. I just love to buy things whether they're for Me or any other random person I can think of. I noticed that I'm getting much better at realizing 'need' versus 'want' but I think that because I'm a girl I'll always have that little voice in my head telling me "yeah, your closet will love this!"

                 

The beautiful NARS nail polish I walked away from at the store today even though, let's be honest, my nail polish collection could have totally benefited from it!


                                                                       -Melanie xx

5 comments:

  1. I am just like that! I normally can't leave the store without buying something. My Guy thinks it's crazy that I buy something everywhere I go but it's like I can't help it sometime. I wouldn't say that it's a "problem"...well depending who you ask. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way. In the early 20s I had a huge shopping problem. When I was bored happy sad depressed or lonely I shopped...and ended up with all kinds of stuff. I think many young women go through that phase of "but buy buy" or " I need I need I need". I still can have this mentality but I often out myself in check. Now that I'm a little older and married, I don't have that urge like I used to. My priority shave shifted and now I get just as much enjoyment out if browsing and walking out with nothing than I did coming out of mall with bags I couldn't carry.

    Feel free to link up with me, I just started my blog, Sweet Tea N Sunshine! Link up at www.sweetteansunshine.com and we can connect through that or social media linked on my site...Facebook, IG, Pinterest! Happy Bloggging girls!! ☺️❤️��☀️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a shopaholic too so what i do now is go the store without my credit card and money for just what I need. I followed your blog form the beauty blog hop. follow back :). thank you
    www.yettybakbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just read your post and loving it!!! Great blog :) -
    Please checkout and follow my first blog ever @ bbeautybydutchess.blogspot.com
    I'm now following you two on bloglovin :)
    Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete